>

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bob

Or, fun with pictures.

I went to the grocery store today. For a general idea of how this went, read this. Except, throw two toddlers into the mix. One of them is nice and demure, the other is loud. Very loud. And grows louder the longer we are in the store. (But, really, who can blame him? From the time I got in line to the time I finished loading the groceries into the van, it took 40 minutes. 40 MINUTES!!! My cashier was stupid and slow, and should be made to wait in line at Wal-Mart for 30 minutes with a whiny toddler.)

But that's not really my story. My story is this: by the time I got home, I had low blood sugar and was feeling sort of shaky, and I still had to bring all of the groceries into the house and put away the cold stuff before I could finish eating. So I did. No big deal.

The only problem was, in my haste to get to my lunch, I forgot that Bob likes to attack bottles of water. I discovered this several months ago when I had stored an extra bottle of water on the floor. I came into the kitchen several hours later to find about a quart of water on the floor. It had leaked from three tiny claw holes. Teeny-tiny holes. (Fun with super macro setting on the camera.)

Today wasn't so bad. There wasn't too much water on the floor, (because there was only one hole, pictured above), it was just one more thing to deal with, you know?

Now, look at Bob. He doesn't look guilty, does he?


















"Who, me?" he says. "Why, I would never! I'm just laying here, innocently bathing myself. I've been maligned."

Don't believe him.

Here is where I have found solace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that should solve that low blood sugar problem! :-)

Adam said...

Personally, I don't like Yorks. I do like Bobs.

~Melissa~ said...

Okay, this happened to me yesterday. Made a trip to Wal-Mart (first mistake) with a 2- and 4-year old (second mistake). Came home with sweets that I shouldn't have bought. David asked if I had a stress moment...maybe next time HE should take them to Wal-Mart! I must say Bob does look awfully cute and innocent...are you sure the 2-year olds didn't make those holes?

Anonymous said...

I like Yorks AND Bobs.

Where did he get the idea that water bottles are the enemy?